Do you want to get more traffic from Facebook and earn more money? If your answer is yes, then today is your lucky day … keep reading … Users like you who are super net savvy, do not have anything new to them. Facebook Instant articles as a blogger and webmaster is also a boon and curse too. It’s a boon because it will give us more traffic than Facebook, but a curse at the same time also because you will not be able to show your email box and widgets as you can now.
Needless to say, the sooner you integrate the Facebook instant article, the better it will be.
I waited a lot before sharing this article with you because I wanted to share all the important details and guidelines with you that you can properly configure it for your website.
Today I am going to share a complete tutorial with you so that you can easily set up Facebook Instant Article for your blog.
If you do not know about FB Instant Articles, then I’ll give you an overview of it and tell you why it matters.
What are Instant Articles?
Instant Article is a feature by Facebook that resolves the problem of slow loading of articles. A quick article is an HTML5 document that is optimized for fast mobile performance, rich storytelling capabilities, branded design, and a customized visual display.
Once you enable instant articles for your blog or website, whenever your articles will be shared on Facebook, users who are surfing on you will see an icon of the Instant article. This icon will represent that this article is a quick article which will open in just a few seconds.
I am sure that many of you have experienced Facebook instant articles while running Facebook with a mobile app. If not, check ShoutMeHindi’s Facebook page and you will find out from your Facebook mobile app.
How to setup Facebook Instant Articles on WordPress platform?
Follow the steps below and find out how you can set up Facebook Instant Articles for your self-hosted WordPress blog or website. You will have to take 15 minutes to do everything and you will be instantly instant live on your website in one day. So let’s start:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Go to the Instant Articles signup page and then click on the sign-up button.
Clicking on this will take you to the next page where you can select the Facebook page for which you want to enable the instant articles tool.
- Select Page and then click on the button “Enable Instant Articles”.
- After enabling instant articles on your page, you will always be able to access the configuration page by visiting page settings> Instant Articles.
Here we have to do the following things:
- Claim your URL
- Add RSS feed (for other platforms, you can use their APIs to set up Instant Articles and for them to be
Submit for review.
- We will also configure the official Instant Articles WordPress plugin, which I have given below in detail. A common user who will know about basic computer skills will be able to follow this guide easily.
So let’s start:
Claim your URL:
Click on the “Claim your URL” button and you will get a meta tag which you have to add to your website head tag. You can also do this by editing your header.php file.
Once you’ve added your meta tag, clear your WordPress cache.
Now click on “claim URL” and you will get a success message.
Next step is to set up an RSS feed for instant articles which will be done using the official Facebook Instant Articles plugin for WordPress.
RSS Feed and Official Facebook Instant Articles plugin
Facebook has partnered with some publishing and analytics platforms so that bloggers have the ability to create and post instant articles.
Install the Official Facebook Instant Article WordPress plugin This plugin is created by Facebook, Automattic, and some more developers. On activation of the plugin, an additional feed will be generated and you can check it by adding / feed / instant-articles to your domain name.
Configuring FB Instant Article WordPress plugin:
- To start using this plugin, you have to add Facebook App ID and APP secret. For this, you have to create a Facebook, which is very easy.
- Follow the steps given below and all this will happen in 5 minutes.
- Go to this page and then click on the “Add a New App” button.
- In the popup, select the website as an option.
- Click on the “Create App ID” button and on the next page, enter your website’s URL without “http: //”.
- Click on “Next” and then click on “Skip quick start guide”. On the next page, you will see App ID and App Secret.
- You also have to live your new app. Click on App Review and then change the toggle to “yes” and your app will be live.
- Return to the Facebook Instant Article WordPress plugin. Copy the App ID and App Secret into the WordPress plugin.
- Click on “Next” and you will see an option to log in to Facebook. Log in it, validate your login and select your Facebook fan page from the drop-down.
- Click on “Next” and that’s it.
The plugin has been configured and you can now submit articles for review. Now before this, we complete the final submission for review step, click on “Styles” and then click on “default”.
Now it’s a bit tricky work because you have to submit 10 posts for review. You can do this:
- Return to your WordPress dashboard
- Open 10 already published blog posts in the edit mode.
Save them all and send these articles to Facebook Instant Articles RSS feed.
- Once this happens, you can submit your articles for review.
Submission approved and enable auto-publishing from RSS feed:
It takes about 3-4 days to approve your submissions.
One important thing is that you have to enable auto-publishing with an RSS feed.
If you like this post, please share it. Join us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- Facebook Optimization Guide: How To Make Facebook A knowledge book?
- How to Add YouTube Subscribe Button to Blog
- Build a Google Plus Brand Page for Your Blog
- How to get rid of them from your Gmail Unwanted Emails